Services & Policy
This document contains important information about the following:
2. Processing of Personal Data
3. Personal Data We Collect
4. How We Use Personal Data
5. How We Share Personal Data
6. Children's Privacy
7. Storage, Accessibility, and Transfer of Personal Data
8. Your Rights Concerning Personal Data – Managing Your Choices
9. Data Retention
10. Our Policy on Cookies and Similar Technologies
11. Links, Advertisers, Sponsors & Ads
12. Data Controller – Data Protection Officer – How to Contact Us
13. Updating This Policy – Notices
2. Processing of Personal Data
3. Personal data we collect
3.1 Source of Data
We collect personal data from you when you voluntarily provide this information, such as when:
- Placing an order through the website as a "guest."
- Creating or modifying your account.
- Setting up a wish list.
- Entering a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion.
- Searching on the website.
- Contacting us with a comment or question.
- Signing up to receive email newsletters, updates on our products and services, events, or promotions.
- Requesting order confirmations, shipping confirmations, or other alerts.
3.2 Types of Data
We may collect and use different types of personal data depending on the specific purpose, as outlined below:
- Personal details, such as name, surname, gender, age/date of birth, country of origin, and other personal details as allowed by applicable laws.
- Contact details, including address, email address, phone number, mobile number, fax number (if applicable), and other contact details as allowed by applicable laws.
- Payment details, such as payment instrument (credit card, debit card), and passport number when required for tax or anti-money laundering reasons.
- Sales-related information, such as date, products or services provided, place of purchase, product codes, amount, total sales, VAT number, complaints, returns, refunds, and other sales-related information as allowed by applicable laws.
- Habits and profiles, such as data related to your purchases (purchase history, including type, quantity, and price of products purchased by you), information related to customer relationship management activities and initiatives, shopping habits and preferences (wish list, preferred product categories, color, style, most visited countries, and more), and other information such as job-related details, education, hobbies, and lifestyle activities as allowed by applicable laws.
4. How we use personal data
Personal data may be used for the following purposes, depending on the specific circumstances in which you interact with us:
4.1 For Online Sales
Your personal data, including basic personal details, contact details, data regarding your purchases, fiscal data, payment details, sales-related information, and any other data necessary for the delivery of products, will be used for:
- Managing, administering, and processing your purchase of our products, sale, and post-sale services.
- Complying with legal obligations, including anti-money laundering laws.
- Establishing or defending a legal claim.
Providing your personal data for these purposes is necessary; refusal to provide this data would make it impossible to complete your purchase. Data may be processed for these purposes without seeking your consent, as it is necessary to fulfill contractual and legal obligations.
4.2 For Specific Purposes for Which Data Is Volunteered
Your personal data provided when requesting a specific service, such as registering your account on our website, handling complaints, or seeking information, will be used to provide the services you requested. This includes managing account registration, authentication, assisting with complaints, wish lists, and follow-ups to questions or contact requests. It also includes managing newsletter subscriptions if you are not already registered with us.
Providing your personal data for these purposes is necessary to fulfill your request, and data may be processed for these purposes without seeking your consent, as it is necessary to follow up on your request.
4.3 For Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Purposes
If you register with us, your personal data will be entered into our centralized CRM for the following purposes:
- Offering tailored services and sending you newsletters, marketing and commercial communications, invitations to events, surveys, market analysis, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and other initiatives.
- Analyzing your interactions with us, interests, preferences, and purchase habits to create individual or aggregated profiles.
- Conducting market and statistical analyses aimed at identifying products or services of interest to our customers and improving our services.
Your data entry into the CRM system is optional and free, and you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time (see section 7 below). Refusing to provide personal data for these CRM purposes will not prevent you from using our services or making purchases, but it may limit our ability to inform you about marketing initiatives, events, or provide you with a personalized shopping experience.
5. How we share personal data
We may share your personal data collected with other companies that provide services on our behalf. These companies will only receive the personal data necessary to deliver the services and are prohibited from using this data for any other purpose.
5.1 Sharing with Data Processors
When you purchase our products or use our online sale services, your personal data may be shared with selected third parties that provide services to the vendor, including those that fulfill orders, ship products, process credit and debit card payments, and perform anti-fraud controls. These third parties may also monitor and analyze website activity, host website content, provide technical and organizational services, maintain our customer database, assist in marketing, administer emails, conduct market analysis, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or promotions.
5.2 Sharing with Other Third Parties
Your personal data may be shared with companies providing payments management and anti-fraud controls acting independently as data controllers. In the event of asset or corporate operations, customer data may be transferred to legal successors to the extent permitted by law and as part of our legitimate interest. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties when required by EU or Member State law, in response to legal proceedings, at the request of a law enforcement agency, or to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, or the public. Additionally, we may communicate personal data to third parties in response to complaints or to investigate, prevent, or address illegal activities.
6. Children's privacy
This website is intended for a general audience, but our services are designed for individuals aged 18 years or older. We do not knowingly request, collect, use, or disclose personal data provided by individuals under the age of 18 online. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child, we will promptly delete that information. If you are under the age of 18, please do not register or proceed with an online purchase and ask an adult, such as your parents or legal guardian, to complete the necessary procedures.
7. Storage, accessibility and transfer of personal data
The personal data collected through the website is primarily processed using electronic or web-based methods, including web analytics services hosted on servers of our selected providers in the European Union. The personal data for CRM purposes is stored in our centralized and secure database located in Italy and is managed by our marketing team in Italy and abroad.
Personal data will be accessed by authorized staff of the e-commerce vendor (e.g., staff in digital & IT, marketing, administration, and security departments) based on a need-to-know basis and subject to multi-level access control tools. These staff members are bound by confidentiality obligations and are expressly appointed as persons in charge of processing, as required by applicable law. Your personal data may be read, amended, and updated by our staff, especially sales and marketing personnel.
8. Your rights concerning personal data - managing your choices
8.1 Your Rights
You have the right, at any time and free of charge, to:
- Access your data.
- Receive your electronic personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit it to another data controller (data portability).
- Have your data corrected, updated, changed, or removed (subject to exemptions that may apply).
If you believe there is a problem with the way we handle your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with your national data protection authority in the EU or the EEA. To exercise these rights, you may send your request by sending an email to email@example.com or by regular mail to the address provided below. When contacting us, please be sure to provide your name, email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number(s) to ensure that we can process your request correctly.
8.2 Accuracy - Keeping Personal Data Updated
To help us serve you better, we encourage you to regularly review and update your personal data. If you are a registered user, you can access and edit your personal data through your user account settings on the website. If you are not a registered user, you may contact us for assistance with updating your personal data.
8.3 Managing Your Choices Regarding Direct Marketing and Profiling
If you wish to opt out of CRM purposes, marketing, profiling, or manage your advertising preferences, you can simply send your request to us or manage your choices through your account accordingly.
9. Data retention
10. Our policy in cookies and similar technologies
Cookies fall into the following categories:
- Operate the website (required for site functionality and protection against fraud).
- Measure performance (help us understand how you interact with the site and which content is valuable to you).
- Store your preferences (remembering your country or language for personalized visits).
- Personalize marketing (provide ads on other sites and marketing communications based on your interests).
11. Links, advertisers, sponsors & ads
12. Data controller - how to contact us
13. Updating this policy - notices
Last Modified 7, November 2023